In order to get the most out of one’s capabilities, it is important to develop mental performance skills. I believe strongly in the power of the mind in helping athletes achieve their full potential. Just like you need your muscles to perform a physical task, you need your brain to help you navigate difficult situations in sports. Athletes train to improve strength, power, and endurance, and they can train to improve their game-day mentality. Mental training helps athletes maintain confidence when faced with adversity and can help people interpret challenges in a positive way.
With every client, my goal is to develop a program based around trust and individual needs. An athlete-consultant relationship that focuses on developing mental skills helps athletes fulfil their sporting goals and provides them with invaluable skills for competitive environments in daily life. For example, teamwork, communication, performing under pressure, taking directions, and leading are not only important characteristics in sports, but they are also important skills for social, psychological, and physical development. With all of my clients, my aim is to empower my clients with mental tools that they can use in their sporting endeavors to help them succeed and reach their full potential.
As an athlete myself, I love training and it challenges me in my career. I am familiar with the mental battles that athletes face and I am passionate about making the journey more fulfilling and rewarding for the people that I help.
SOME QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
- Have you ever performed better in practice vs competition?
- Do your emotions sometimes interfere with your ability to perform on game day?
- Do you feel performance pressure or anxiety?
- Are you aware of what prepares you to perform your best?
- Do you have confidence in your pre-performance routine?
- Do you believe in your ability to achieve the goals that you have set?
- What is your biggest source of confidence?